Tuesday 21 September 2010

What is God doing and saying?


In the reception area at a High School I went to, I saw this sculpture. It reminded me of the song "He's got the whole world in his hands." I imagined what it would be like to live on the world without perceiving or seeing God at work, without that sense of security and love. You can do this so easily.

I'm currently reading Mark Yaconelli's " Contemplative Youth Ministry - Practising the presence of Jesus with young people." I'm finding it hugely helpful and challenging. Mark writes about learning to be fully present with God. He uses the examen and lictio divina as ways in which we can do this. He also suggests ways that these can be used before planning meetings, during youth groups and with those who don't yet know Jesus.

As a result of the various school prayer weeks I was involved with at Glos YFC I'm wrestling with how we can seek to make more space for young people to encounter Jesus in the ordinary day to day events of life. I realise that before I lead and show others I must experience this more for myself.

I'm finally starting to put into practice these spiritual disciplines and am sure God is helping me to be more aware of His presence through out the day. I'm wondering where this might lead me in my next role, but am so thankful for all that God is teaching me, showing me and encouraging me as I learn more about how to aware of Him so I can help young people find Jesus at work in the world and their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope

Hope