Sunday 3 October 2010

Melbourne!

I arrived in Melbourne on Tuesday and have been loving my time here. I'm staying with a great family Geoff and Jo, their 2 boys Josh and Ethan. Geoff works for Melbourne YFC and is extremely busy!


The centre has gone through some tough times in recent months but are slowly beginning to build and re-focus. They have programs involved in foster care and Chaplaincy in High Schools. I have been privilged to be involved in some of their training and meetings with other agencies. I've not been into school yet, as it's school holidays, but I was able to meet one of the young people they have been working with. Having heard his story and the journeys he's been on, it was incredible to see how he'd clearly grown and changed. The team are passionate about caring for those for one reason or another are not at "home". They are also working out how they can be seeking for God to move in their lives and for they to come to know Him.


One evening I went with one of the other staff workers to a pub to watch some friends in a band play. It was nice to be out and about...although not a pint in sight! They seem to drink halves or bottles?! I tried a dark ale that was smoked, not great, reminded me of smoky bacon crisps!!


Of course I've been maintaining my daily coffee quota...although the sizes are smaller than ours, perhaps not such a bad thing! On Saturday morning I woke up at 5am in order to watch Gloucester play Bath and we beat them!!! It was COMPLETELY worth it! C'Mon GLAWWWSSSSS!!!! In the afternoon I watched the replay of the AFL final, I didn't really enjoy it if I'm honest. I think I'd rather watch a game of our football...but when in Rome!
Am hoping to be able to follow England in the Commonwealth Games but am of course ready to be made fun of if the Aussies beat us! I had a lovely morning at Church then have spent the day in Melbourne City which was lovely so I'll pop some up:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope

Hope