Monday 13 September 2010

I'm in a wide open space...

I've been in Australia 4 days and I'm still surprised at the space between small towns and in the Countryside the houses!

My flight was long...just as I was feeling drowsy the lights went up! A few hours later we landed at Hong Kong. The airport was MASSIVE and full of designer shops so of course I ignored them, found some toilets and changed my clothes.
Once back on the plane I managed to sleep for about 2 hours. I had a few times were I woke up with a start, you know what that feels like! Well I had a quick check round to see if anyone was staring at me as I wondered if I'd jumped right out of my seat.
Somehow someone a few seats in front of me was snoring aware, this wasn't annoying, I was jealous!

I was met at the airport by Conrad, the national Director of YFC Aus. This was after having my bags sniffed by dogs.(I think he liked my perfume!) Conrad is married with 3 children and they made me feel very welcome. I slept for around 7 hours, had a coffee in the morning and didn't feel too bad.

Later that day I was driven to Albury, about 3.5 hours away. Derek who drove me stayed over then left before I got up in the morning. On Saturday Col, who works in Albury YFC took me to a number of different places.




Standing in Beechworth:











Woolshed Falls:












Drinking an iced coffee, didn't expect it to come with ice cream!











There has been lots of rain, as a result lots of the weirs have filled up, over time the trees have died:












Gallah's are apparently very stupid birds, the one on the right has mislaid his head...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope

Hope