Thursday 1 November 2018

Taste And See that the Lord is good!

8 Years ago I spent an incredible 3 months in Australia. I look back and it is amazing to recollect how it all came together!

I was coming to the end of my time at Youth For Christ in Gloucester and was wondering what next. I felt like I wanted a break, do something completely different for a bit. Hmmm, how about Australia?
Was it a passing thought or a pipe dream? At that point it certainly felt like a Mission Impossible!

As I began to think and pray about this I found that I was being bombarded by things to do with Australia. I'd turn on the TV and an Australian was talking, I'd read the news and Australia was mentioned I oftern spend time in coffee shops on my own with my Bible and journal to help me take some time out with the Father. I recall one afternoon where a pair of young lads were sat close to me and were talking very loudly. I couldn't help but catch wind of their conversation and when they mentioned Australia I said to the Father, "This is becoming ridiculous,OK, OK, I get the hint!"

I contacted the National Centre of British Youth For Christ to begin enquiring if there was the opportunity to volunteer in Australia. Over a number of months conversations were had and it was agreed that I would be the first person from British YFC to go and volunteer with Australia YFC.


I then had to focus on fundraising. I needed money for flights, for my board and food and then some spending money. By the time I was ready to go God had provided £1000 more than my minimum figure. Just incredible. So not only was I able to bless those I was with I had plenty of money to be able to enjoy my 3 months.




As with any mission trip there were challenges, but what an adventure I had. How privileged to work alongside people who were passionate about seeing young people in Australia come to know Jesus and grow in their relationship with God. I was welcomed as part of the family and visited some truly beautiful places. I fell in love with the Australia. Can you blame me?



18 months ago I went back to test and explore options to be able to move there for a longer period. It didn't work out as I hoped. But the Father's words to me then were taste and see that the Lord is good and His words today give me hope for my future:

"I know it didn't work out how you thought - but it's not finished yet. There are more trips ahead and so many more adventures. My travelling Angels are waiting for the time set aside for these adventures.
There are new people, new places, new memories. And you will bring my name and Kingdom with you!"

Well, the only way I'll be there will be God working things out. Here's to my next Australian Mission Impossible Papa!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope

Hope