Wednesday 31 October 2018

20 days on the Father's Faithfulness.


From tomorrow our church are starting our annual 40 days of fasting, split over two 20 day periods. The first 20 days are particularly for areas where we are seeking breakthrough, change and alignment in areas of our lives, for ourselves and others in church.

We're linking with the Hebraic Calendar being the year '5779', and as this is the last year of the decade focused on seeing there's a definite slant and emphasis on vision. 20/20 vision!

I spent time journalling asking the Father how I should spend the first 20 days, was there a verse, promise or theme I should focus on? I felt Him ask me to spend some time remembering His steadfast love and faithfulness and then blog on His revelation.
"Remember the stories of my faithfulness, 
In my word, in your life and the lives of others. 

Find them and share them!" 
Collect them and re-collect them."

A few weeks ago I shared in my homegroup that I was struggling with feelings of failure during this season of preparation, frustration in the time of waiting on God's intervention, wondering how things were ever going to change. The following morning on the way to work I saw a van that said, 'Mission Impossible' on and knew it was God grabbing my attention to encourage me. God doesn't just dabble in the Impossible He delights in demonstrating His love by doing the Impossible again and again.

On Sunday morning someone shared a prophetic word of encouragement. That God sees our heart, and our struggles. But to remember that He is the God of the impossible and I remembered the van from a few weeks. So I don't know all the stories that the Holy Spirit will direct me to over the next 20 days, but I'm sure many will have looked like a...




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope

Hope