Friday 22 November 2013

Walking but not sure where to.

Over recent weeks I have been asked, 'What do you want to do?' or 'What is your dream job?' These are questions that I have not had an answer for. Well probably not an answer that most people want to hear!

There are, however, some things I do know.

I go back to when I was 14 years old, I went to an Oasis tour event called, 'Dirty Hands'. This subtle title was a National Tour encouraging and challenging the Church to stop watching and get involved in building God's Kingdom. At the end of this meeting I stood and made a commitment to God. To share His love and build His Kingdom. I was known as a Christian at School and found it easy to talk about my faith. I thought this was normal! I couldn't understand why others wouldn't want to, or were shy?

Not quite 10 years later I attended Mission Training College where I was given the opportunity to try lots of different things. One was Schools work. I fell in love with it and spent over ten years being involved in youth work. After finishing at The Rock I was already in a place where I felt I should be moving on from focusing on youth work. A few ideas were brewing. And then; the explosion.

I now recognise that so much more went than just my belongings. I realise I'd experienced an intrusion where dreams had been stolen and I can do something about it. I understand that when we suffer an injustice where the enemy has intruded, we can present our case before God. We can point towards the enemy and give an account of what has been taken in complete confidence that we will receive justice AND compensation. And that is where I'm at over my dreams.

As I look back, I am beginning to remember why I stood as a 14 year old. Why I went to Mission College and why I went into youth evangelism and youth work in Churches. Jesus. His love and how he transforms life. Is there anything else worth giving your life too? And after all I've experienced I can say with more certainty that nothing else will do. What else can I give my life too?What else lasts? What else can bring hope amidst rubble? Can replace beauty for ashes? It's still a heart's burden. To share and show Jesus love and to support others as they follow Jesus. Perhaps I needed to look back and remember before I could look forward.

So my answer to the question, 'What is your dream job?' I want to be involved in Building God's Kingdom. Seeing many come to Jesus. Receive healing, freedom and experience the spiritual life we were all designed for.

I don't know any other details, but God has declared He knows the plans He has for me. Plans to prosper and not to harm me. Plans to give me a hope and a future. So if you want to know the rest of the answer, ask God. That's what I'm doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope

Hope