Wednesday 13 February 2013

40 Acts For Lent


I wondered what to give up for Lent this year. I toyed with TV, Twitter and even coffee before I decided on joining in with the 40 Acts for Lent. It’s run in association with Stewardship UK. Each day you are given ideas as to how to bless the people and to be generous to others. Check the website out here:
I have decided that to continue to live out my faith that God will provide for my needs, and not to be overcome by fear I am going to be generous during Lent. I don’t have loads of money at my disposal but I will be following the suggestions each day and we'll see what God does!

Day One: Generosity Kit Prep
Today we were challenged to put together a ‘kit’ of things we could carry around to be able to bless others. I really didn't know what to put in as at the moment my contact with people on a day-to-day basis can be fairly limited. So using the inspiration of others I chose some tissues, some pens, and some mints to carry in my bag. 

Towards the end of the day I had an appointment and ended up having to wait about 15 minutes to be seen. As I was waiting someone else came in. As they sat down in the waiting area I picked up on them sniffing. I offered them a tissue and ended up giving them the pack. She’d had a cold for a couple of days and I had bought the tissues with menthol so these were perfect for someone struggling with a cold! What a great start, God can use my little pack of tissues to be a blessing to others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope

Hope